Hildegard is proud to offer a fine selection of distinguished flute works by women composers. Several of our publications have even been National Flute Association winners in past years.
Flute and Piano
Laura Elise Schwendinger
Aurora, was commissioned by the National Flute Association Inc. Young Artist Competition (2017). A flutist, as well as a composer, the composer writes that the work “is an ode to the flute repertoire I grew up with. French in feeling, the piece takes advantage of the flute’s flexibility.” Schwendinger celebrates the possible colors of the flute through this virtuosic work.
Other Great Flute Repertoire to Explore:
- Elisa Kahn-Ellis: 3 Short Character Pieces • 494-02655 • $17.50
- Claire Durand-Racamato: Lumière de Soleil • 494-02644 • $8.00
- Sophia Dussek: Sonata • 494-02578 • $23.50
- Jane Mary Guest: Sonata in D major, Op. 1, no. 2 • 494-02581 • $26.50
- Various: Twentieth Century Music for Flute and Piano or Flute Solo • 494-02660 • $43.50